Donning a Colorful, Casual Style with Golden Goose Alternatives
Tuesday Bote - Dec 18, 2020
Many fashion writers and critics agree that sneakers are the most democratic kind of footwear: everyone wears them regardless of where they stand in life. Men, women, and children; people of any age or gender identity – they all wear sneakers and can’t seem to get enough of them. Indeed, most of us will probably have two or more pairs in our wardrobes or shoe racks.
Naturally, with people plumping for quality over quantity these days, most shoe buyers are looking for sneaks that go beyond the conventional or outré look of most commercially-produced footwear. This has resulted in the popularity of premium brands like Golden Goose which offers a more bespoke approach to casual footwear. How do Golden Goose alternatives create a colorful, casual style - and what do you wear them with?
The Thing About Golden Goose Alternatives
What’s special about Golden Goose is that it’s an Italian brand that offers very casual-looking sneakers made with leather as opposed to the canvas or synthetic fabrics more commonly used in sneaker making. Combined with expert craftsmanship and an emphasis on the wearer’s comfort, it isn’t surprising that these have become the kicks of choice of many celebrities and social media influencers.
However, what keeps most people from considering Golden Goose sneakers seriously is the price: for a pair of distressed [uniquely weathered during the manufacturing process, resulting in a rugged, street-ready look] sneakers, it can be prohibitively expensive. Likewise, fashionistas who care about the environment wonder about the provenance of the materials used in making Golden Goose sneakers – they aren’t sure as to whether or not the leather has been sustainably or even humanely sourced.
This is where brands like Oliver Cabell come in: world-class footwear of exceptional quality and craftsmanship at an excellent price, and also happens to be made with sustainable materials. Here, we present some colorful ideas for styling these excellent and best-selling Golden Goose alternatives for both men and women.
Creatively Colorful, Stylish, and Inspired
Part of the new Distressed line, the Low 1 Crimson brings a pop of color to a street-smart outfit
- Get bold without being brassy. Sometimes all you need to spruce an outfit up is to add a single splash of color to an otherwise monochromatic ensemble. Especially in the fall or winter when most OOTDs skew towards dark or neutral color schemes, colorful footwear keeps your outfit from looking too drab or gloomy. Consider one of Oliver Cabell’s Golden Goose alternatives: Low 1 sneaker in red or opt for Crimson from the new Distressed line to add a brilliant touch to cold-weather wear.
With tiny details like the hint of red baseball-style stitching around the heel, the Low 1 Cowboy from Oliver Cabell’s new Distressed collection gives off an All-American vibe
- It doesn’t have to be the Fourth of July to rock red, white, and blue. We may be well past Independence Day at this time of the year, but the patriotic color combo of red, white, and blue works well at any time of year. White Low 1 sneakers – Distressed or otherwise – always work with blue denim worn with a white shirt with a bold and colorful logo out front or a plain red T-shirt or polo shirt; red or blue letterman jackets are optional, but oh-so-cool.
For the ladies, vintage-style red or blue gingham dresses are adorable when paired with white sneakers. If you want to add a playful touch of modern Americana to your outfit, consider the Cowboy sneaker from the Distressed line: the classic white sneak gets a minimalist all-American touch with a blue accent at the back and whimsical red stitching that calls to mind good old-fashioned baseball at the heel.
- Pretty in pink. Pink sneakers are so retro that they’re red-hot again. While they may call to mind John Hughes’ tear-jerking teen flicks from the 1980s and the Valley Girl trend, pink kicks add a fun, feminine touch to even the simplest outfits. With its old-school look, the iconic Low 1 in Venice with pink accents is a playful and fun addition to a casual spring or summer outfit. What’s better is that it’s also whimsical since no two pairs are identical!
Pretty and whimsical, the Low 1 in Venice by Oliver Cabell distressed sneakers will make you as cool as a cucumber
Sleek and elegant, the Low 1 - Daybreak adds a touch of gravitas to vividly colored ensembles, grounding the look and giving it a welcome touch of formality
- Get neat, go neutral. Bold, vibrant outfits either in vivid solids or exuberantly patterned are certainly eye-catching. But if even your shoes are in the same hues or have a crazy-quilt pattern printed on them, that’s overkill. Even if you were, say, Vivienne Westwood or some other fashionista with a reputation for wearing outlandish outfits, there is such a thing as too much color. Instead, let your footwear be a grounding contrast to the rest of your outfit: pair strong Golden Goose alternatives like black Low 1 - Wheat with brilliant monochrome outfits or white ones with pastels.
Wheat Low 1s are anything but drab and can do double-duty: put them on as walking shoes for city sidewalks or slip them on as driving shoes for the weekend
Playful and sparkly, the Low 1 YOLO can add a touch of whimsy to floral dresses and a hint of magic to basic blue jeans
- Floral and flirtatious. Wearing sneakers with dresses is still a great way to inject femininity into a casual or everyday outfit. While the Rennes or Low 1 in nude is a perfect partner for dresses with a pastel background, floral dresses with a much darker background – flowers on a dark red, pine green, or navy blue, for instance – work better with black or white sneakers. For a fun touch, you may also consider shimmery, glitter-covered Golden Goose alternatives like the Low 1 YOLO to add a whimsical, even magical nuance to the outfit.
Whatever Your Wear, Don’t Forget the Sneaker Care
Regardless of whatever outfit you’re matching your sneakers with, you need to make sure that your shoes are properly cared for. The distressed look may be hip and edgy, but letting your kicks get too ratty is a big no-no.
Investing in proper shoe care materials is important if you want to make sure that your sneaks will look good for a long time
- Keep Your Sneakers Clean at All Times. Seriously: as comfortable as you might find them, ratty old sneaks are a complete turn-off on any occasion. Oliver Cabell’s leather and suede Golden Goose alternatives need a bit more TLC than typical canvas sneakers which only need to be tossed into the wash. Since shoes made with these materials can’t be laundered, investing in a proper shoe kit, including brushes, polish, suede cleaners, and spare laces is necessary.
- Odor-free Kicks = Fresh Kicks. Be sure to store your shoes in a properly ventilated area to mitigate odors also helps. Regular disinfection and odor control with specially-made sprays and deodorizers work, and putting an effective foot powder on before slipping on your sneaks can go a long way in minimizing foul smells. Consider getting shoe trees to keep your kicks fresh when you aren’t wearing them.
Oliver Cabell: A Work of Art in Its Own Right
At Oliver Cabell, we are more than just an alternative to Golden Goose or any other popular brand. Indeed, we take pride in crafting footwear of exceptional quality and comfort.
Each pair of sneakers, driving shoes, and boots is made with sustainably-sourced Italian leather and undergoes rigorous quality control. Not only that, whatever your style, there’s bound to be a pair of Oliver Cabells that’s perfect for you.
We are making a difference when it comes to modern shoemaking. Our enterprise pairs together sustainable sourcing and manufacturing practices with our dedication to making high quality footwear – a combination that constantly delivers on the promise of comfort and elegance.
Whether you’re a weekend warrior who loves to take long walks or an urbanite who’s constantly pounding the pavement, there’s a pair of Oliver Cabell sneaks for you
Crafted using traditional European shoe-making methods, each Oliver Cabell shoe is made to the highest standards of quality and environmental compliance, making it a great choice for those going in for mindful modern living.
The company’s use of sustainably-sourced Italian leathers as well as its emphasis on treating its people as stakeholders in its continued success speaks well of its commitment to both exceptional and responsible manufacturing.
From sneakers and boots for active living to loafers and mules that embody casual elegance, Oliver Cabell is bound to have the right pair for you.